We are keeping updating metaamp to keep up with the latest methods and user request. Please check the logs for the new features
MetaAmp version 3.0 update and major bug fixing - 2020-08-20
- In the previous version: Taxonomy distribution summary, otu and taxonomy distribution summary, and otu and taxonomy distribution summary: relative abundance was wrong. It has been fixed
MetaAmp version 3.0 update and bug fixing - 2020-04-28
- Fixed metaerg asv analysis failure problem when the input sequences are from two different runs
- Fixed the JobInfo.txt missing problem when running metaamp from command line
- Disabled otu.association calculation functions
MetaAmp version 3.0 update and bug fixing - 2020-03-24
- Fixed email sending failure problem
- In the result page that metaamp generated right after the job submission, the "Number of fastq file" was constantly 48. It has been fixed
MetaAmp version 3.0 is out - 2020-03-12
- Integrated DADA2 ASV infering method into MetaAmp pipeline, which enables users to analyze their data using OTU-based method or ASV-based method online.
- In the MetaAmp ASV analysis component, the alpha-diversity, beta-diversity generation, and taxonomy assignment are all achived using Mothur.
- MetaAmp can take the either compressed (gz) or uncompressed sequence files included in the sequence archive.
- Added more interactive visualizations such as heatmap and bubble plot for the multidimensional data summary table
- Updated interactive Alpha diversity index visualization: added 95% confidence interval in the visualization
- Updated the taxonomic reference database from Silva version 132 to 138
- Added a lot interactive popup information boxes on the html input interface
Last updated: 2018-10-10
- Upgrade the taxonomic classification database from silva version 123 to 132
MetaAmp 2.0 is out - 2017-01-05
- Added "Marker gene type" option in the interface. User can upload either ssu rRNA gene or other genes
- Added "Similarity cutoff" options for the otu clustering threshold. the default is 0.97
- Deleted "Truncate the reads at the first phred score" options
- Added "Hypothesis Testing" results to the analysis results, the current available hypothesis tests are parsimony, unifrac.weighted, unifrac.unweighted, AMOVA, HOMOVA
- re-organized the metaamp analyis results page
MetaAmp 1.3 is out - 2016-09-14
- Fixed the subsampleing bugs. In the previous version, after sub-sampling, otu ids in the newly generated shared file cannot be related back to the original otu ids in the original shared file without subsampling.
Last updated: 2016-07-29
- Make the excluding of the chloroplast and mitochondria 16s rRNA sequences as one option dring the analysis. The default options is to keep them
- Upgrade the taxonomic classification database from silva version 119 to 123
Last updated: 2016-05-26
- Fixed most of the Eukaryota only be classified to phylum level issues
MetaAmp1.2 is out - 2015-07-02
- Provided subsampling/normalized alpha, beta diversity output. Very often, each sample has different number of sequences. Sub-sampling is to randomly draw the same number of sequences from each sample.
- Provided more informative error message when the job failed
MetaAmp1.1 is out - 2015-03-26
- Can accept fasta format sequences without quality files
- The orientation of the reverse primer is from 5' to 3' instead of reverse compliment of the reverse primer
- Fixed the rarefaction curve visualization bugs
- Added system error notification method. when a job fails, MetaAmp will send user and administrator messages
- Forked a new process for doing system call and closed STDOUT and other filehandles and return to user.
- Removed "Trim amplicon to a fixed length:" option for paired-edn reads quality filtering
- Removed "Truncate the reads at the first phred score" field for the paired end reads merging